Monday, December 16, 2013

WE MIGHT BE CRAZY

{Perfect Saturday Night outfit - Boots, thrifted. Dress, Target. Tights, Forever 21. Men's Button Up, thrifted.}

This weekend was absolutely wonderful! It's been a long long time since I've let Kayla convince me to go out and run the town until 2 A.M. but I caved and let it happen.
It all started on Saturday when Kayla's ex-boyfriend Matt came into town. We decided to take him out and show him all our favorite places to hang on crazy downtown nights. Naturally we started at Closed For Business - it's our current favorite place to go and it's SUCH a chill place with an always changing menu, which encourages me to continue my mission to find a beer that agrees with me. For now I'm settling with pear and apple ales by Doc's Draft.


{C.F.B. on a random October night}  

Next we tried to go to a really great spot called Prohibition that has a bar at the front, a dance floor in the middle, and a outdoor patio bar and tables out back, but they're suddenly all about charging covers and I'm definitely not all about that so we kept walking down King. Kayla mentioned this place called Midtown that was pretty nice so we ducked in there only to be greeted with a live band and phenomenal 90's music screaming out of the amps. We jammed, we drank, we danced, we sang until we were hoarse... it was epic.


{The Swift Robinson's - reuniting since their high school glory days}


{Pre jam-session at Midtown with Kayla}

Getting tired and thirsty I suggested we head over to A.C.'s - our original Chucktown stomping grounds. This is the bar that I have curated so many amazing friends and fond memories, including the New Zealanders (Whom of which have sailed back to the Bahamas until January and I miss them so very dearly.) This is also the bar where I saw Cam Gigandet so many times the fact that he was famous was more annoying than exciting, but he was also a total jerk so it didn't really make me weak in the knees to see him. After one final drink we headed home. While Kayla and Matt went upstairs I hung out with Neighbor Nick and played with his sweet hood-cat JoJo.


{she is literally the tiniest and sweetest thing on this block}

Then Sunday night came! It was my day job's, we will call it W.W., annual Christmas party and it was a hoot. Long story short, Liam Hemsworth posters were cuddled, Where's Waldo hats were searched, phone numbers were given to bartenders, vows were made, book clubs were started, and lots and lots of chicken wings were consumed. I'm so blessed by my little family of co-workers I have here. They're more my family than anything, especially since I spend forty hours with them a week and see them more than my own roommate.


{from L to R: Stephanie, Me, Courtney, Sarah Jean, Hillary, and Ashley in front}

{I love these girls - they're the absolute best}

After a long long long day I'm finally at my three-days off break before I head back for three more days of working and then I'll be done for the Christmas season. It'll be back home to sweet ol' Augusta, Georgia and I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment