Wednesday, December 25, 2013

DROWN

Well Hello everybody! I'm in the highest of spirits today because it's been a -
 VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!
I'm the proud new owner of a crock pot, record player, and many other small morsels of goodness. It's been a good year. I also have a third date on Friday with a rather nice guy (details to come later) and I'm going home to Chucktown tomorrow, which means I can cook up some lasagna in my fancy new crock pot.
This past weekend my darling friend Josh came into town for the night. He has been wanting to go skydiving in a city an hour away and he thought it would be the perfect time to come visit me as well! He blew into town and blew right back out - but not before we had an awesome time. He came and met me at W.W. and of course all the ladies just HAD to know who he was - and since I get embarrassed so quickly when guys are involved, I blushed and said we were just friends with a big grin on my face (because let's be serious here for a second - Josh is gorgeous and is one of the nicest guys I've ever had the privilege of knowing so in my mind he's an absolute catch for any girl.) We went to my apartment to get ready, did a bit of pre-gaming, caught a cab, and were off for a fun night. Long story short we went to all our favorite places, including back to Midtown for another great cover band that played tons of Blink 182 and The Killers. Josh and I danced the whole time and I laughed like I haven't in ages.

 {Kayla and I laughing like little school girls}

 {The always lovely Josh and I at Midtown}

I woke up Sunday morning to start doing laundry and packing for my trip back home to Augusta and let everyone sleep in until eleven. Josh woke up and get dressed and I drove us over to Sweetwater Cafe for some brunch. We had the greatest time with our waitress and I couldn't help but smile when he bought my meal AND gave her a big tip. We walked through the market on the way there and walked through the surrounding shops on the way back, including the Black Mineral Market (an all-time fave) and got some fudge. Sadly he had to go home soon after, and so we said our goodbyes and I ran back inside to finish packing.
To say I ran out of town is an understatement. I all but galloped. I took the back way home and drove through country and small towns that I'd never heard of before. Just me, the radio, and the wind in my hair. I made it home just before my parents got home from Atlanta and it was a nice surprise for them to see me earlier than planned. I spent the past few days recuperating from my crazy retail filled month and a half by reading, watching movies, and playing video games with my brother.

{Family Photo in front of the tree}

 {After seeing the movie I HAD to reread the first and then read the second - TEAM PEETA!}

But as with all good things, it must come to an end tomorrow. Now if only I could have a vacation after my vacation to recover.
I hope you all had an amazing Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment