Wednesday, March 11, 2015

SHOUT OUT


source unknown


Let's talk about "Wounds".

This was a term I picked up when I was a fresh-faced 18 year old college freshman reading "Captivating" with my church bible study group. (I'll take this moment to tell you that if you're a Christian woman, you absolutely need to read this book. It helped me get some of my crap together in areas I needed to get it together in.) Wounds are moments, happenings, and things that occurred in your life that ultimately changed the way you view all the other moments, happenings, and things that occurred in your life. Whether it's a destructive friendship, confusing romantic relationship, or something as serious as an abusive situation, these can all create life-altering wounds.

I have a lot of wounds. I'm still working on healing a great deal of them to this day. My biggest problem in life is one that shouldn't be a problem to begin with: I love too much. I have tried for years and years to keep myself locked up, but I always end up letting pieces of my heart slip through the cracks in the door. This isn't just a romantic kind of love, but a friend love too. I just love people.

Thing is, people don't always love me. 

It's taken me many years, tears, relationship flops, and bad experiences to come to terms with this fact of life. I think in general that life just isn't fair. No one gets through unscathed. NO one. That doesn't make bad dates any better. And it doesn't make you feel better the morning after either. But, you get up, put on some Martha Reeves and dance it out. You might cry while you're dancing. Can't even say I don't. But the song will end, you'll play it again, and you'll feel a little better. 

More than anything: Keep loving. No matter how much it hurts, keep loving.

No comments:

Post a Comment