Tuesday, August 19, 2014

HAPPY ONE (+ SOME CHANGE) YEAR ANNIVERSARY CHARLESTON


Here for your, but really mostly my, enjoyment is a sliver of my life this past year. It's been… interesting. Thursdays were lost, allies were explored, birthdays were celebrated, Canadians were disgusting, yachts were eaten on, tribal dances were performed in bars, hotel parties became a thing, candles were made, new friends were created, paintings (and mason jars) were almost stolen, vodka was drank, lips were bitten, banjoes were played, ottomans were broken, microwaves were cuddled, cake was consumed, role models were met, and love… so so much love, was given and received.
Year Two has been different in a lot of ways. Instead of late nights in crowded streets, there are early risings to do what we have to do as adults to become successful. That's anything from making jewelry in beds to working day jobs that fulfill your needs. We're also living in a house now instead of a mediocre apartment, and even did some porch sitting last night. A lot more coffee and a lot less alcohol is consumed, and I think all of us and even our semi-clueless mothers are happy about that. I've cried only one twelfth of the amount of tears I had cried this time last year, and that's only because I watched a sad-ish movie the other night.
Regardless, I know that Charleston and I aren't remotely done with each other. It's still just the beginning. I'm not sure when this train will stop and let me off at a different station, but I'll be here enjoying the road until that day comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment