Wednesday, January 28, 2015

CHIT-CHAT

current inspiring little morsels on my bulletin board 

I apologize for the lack of content this past week. It's been a busy, trying, life-sorting time and I'm a little in over my head.

I'm currently in the midst of struggling trying to find a design job in this non-design concerned city. Until that dream job appears out of thin air (and by God's grace) I am keeping myself preoccupied with Netflix binges, multi devotionals a day, and keeping my friends from being productive at their jobs by snapchatting them all day.

Thankfully, I have a dear friend that told me his family's flower shop was in search for some people to join their production team for Valentine's week. I walked in, shook some hands, and handed over my freshly printed, and very badass might I add, resume with high hopes of getting a call back. The next day I had a voicemail awaiting me. So for one week I'll be pruning peonies and tying millions of ribbons on vases in the name of the holiday I hate the most. Positives include moolah, getting myself out of this house, and learning a skill I've been eager to know for so long. Negatives include a whole lot of things I could complain about, but one of my biggest convictions as of late is negativity and therefore I refuse to acknowledge anything bad about this situation.

About forty-five minutes ago I applied to a t-shirt designing shop. Here's hoping that turns into something more than promising, even if I'm absolutely terrified.

I went to the library yesterday for some time to myself. I drank a iced latte, spent some time with Jesus, and then ventured downstairs and spent a couple of hours taking in the musty scent of books. I have a strange obsession with the smell of old books. (Them and the post office. Now you know entirely too much about me, but I'm okay with that.) I came home with a volume of art that makes my mouth water from how beautiful every page is. If I could live through one artistic timeline, it would be a toss-up between the era of the Ancient Egyptians, the intricate sculpting of the Romans and Greeks, and the ever lovely Renaissance. Who could really choose that easily though? I also got a really cool YSL book and a few oldish movies to watch (Dead Poet's Society, City of Angels, and 500 Days of Summer). I watched D.P.S. earlier for the first time ever… cried, no wept, like a baby.

Other than that I'm relearning HTML, keeping my room clean, and spending all the time I can with the people that bring me joy, whether that's Brooke and Lexie, Josh, or my crazy family. That's all my social circle consists of lately. Every now and then I'll have someone else sprinkled in there for a night or two, but it's really just them. That both gives me great comfort, and terrifies me at the same time. I've lived a great deal of my life making and losing friends at rapid pace and I'm actually getting at that spot where if I feel like someone is that easily disposable then I don't even waste my time. Why bother with the drama if it's unnecessary?

Regardless of all this silence I'll be back soon. I promise!

4 comments:

  1. I feel very blessed to be part of your little social circle RN ;) And I'm excited about your job prospects. I know the Lord is going to provide for you! I'm also a little jealous of the floral skillz ur about to acquire.

    I think it's been nice to have a large group of "acquaintances" to socialize with lately, but for the people who are lucky enough to be called "friend," quality is ALWAYS better than quantity. Love you very much, T Swizzle!

    -xo Karlie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dearest Karlie,

      Thank you for your endless stream of kind and encouraging words.
      I'm more than happy to pass on some of those skills girl, you know!
      Preach about that quality vs. quantity. So so true!!

      Love you SO big Karlie!

      Delete
  2. Darling T Swizzle,
    I too am very jealous of the floral skillz ur about to get. I spend a lot of my times thinking about this phase of life we're all in. Everyday is a constant struggle to be your best self, be super employable, and just live. Basically, the requirement is that you must be WONDER WOMAN- and the modern day interpretation of her. It's beyond crazy, right? The only thing I know for sure is that time marches on, and things get better. We have all come so far, but there's so much farther to go! It's actually the best news ever! :) Looking forward to being your friend forever!
    -xo I think my name is Ashely, but tbh, I can't remember! HELP!
    p.s. See you for date night tonight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ashley/Cara,
      I've decided that if I can make it through 22, I can make it through every phase of life. I think I'm always harder on myself than any other human being, and that's really just not okay. If anything, we are supposed to be softer, kinder, and more gentle with ourselves than anyone else. Adulthood is hard, but I'm glad I'm not alone in my learning process.
      LYSB - T.Swizzle
      P.S. Date night was On. Fleek. Most I've laughed in a while xoxo

      Delete